At the start of the game, much like in the original Gameboy games Pokemon Blue and Red, you will get a choice of Bulbasaur Squirtle or Charmander as your starting Pokemon. But what if want to be like Ash and start with a Pikachu? Pokemon Yellow gave you Pikachu as your starter, so you may wonder whether this it is possible to also start with Pikachu in Pokemon Go.
Finding a Pikachu in the wild whilst playing Pokemon Go can be quite rare so for those of you whose favourite Pokemon is Pikachu you will be pleased to know that there is a trick you can do to choose him as your starting Pokemon.
Unfortunately, this requires starting a new game, so if you are a relatively high level you are probably best off waiting until one appears and catching it.
However for the new players and those willing to start again on a fresh account here is how you do it.
- Start a new game and get to the point where Professor Willow lets you catch a Charmander, Squirtle, or Bulbasaur as your starting Pokemon
- Instead of catching any of these just walk away (you will have to walk in real life to get away from the Professor)
- Your phone will vibrate and the starter Pokemon will reappear
- Repeat this process multiple times (around 4) until a Pikachu spawns along with them
- Tap on Pikachu to throw a Pokeball to capture him as your starter!